CHECK OUT THE TOP 10 | These are our favorite reasons to enter the Young Scientist Challenge, but there are plenty more. Read on and be inspired.
10. The grand prize is $25,000 and an unforgettable once-in-a-lifetime trip!
9. Finalists get to work one-on-one with renowned 3M scientists.
8. Friendship! Lots of competitors and finalists share a passion for science activities.
7. Learning goes way beyond classroom walls and into the real world of innovating.
6. Competitors’ ideas and innovations can make a real difference in the world!
5. Finalists present their video competition ideas to a distinguished panel of judges.
4. No textbooks! This is original, outside-the-box dreaming, planning and innovating.
3. Finalists travel to St. Paul, Minnesota, and tour exclusive labs of 3M headquarters.
2. Being part of the science community is fun. Plus, this video competition is one science activity that makes a big impact on college résumés and essays!
1. You could be (drum roll, please)… America’s next Top Young Scientist!
Want to learn more? Get the scoop straight from past finalists! Or, get going on your own ideas, so you can be in the running to become the next winner of our science for middle school contest. All it takes is your brilliant idea and a short video competition entry.