Posted on March 6, 2014 by DE Admin
HEY, MOM OR DAD! | Having a scientist in your house can be pretty cool. There’s chemistry, problem-solving, inventions, experiments and more. But how often does all that creativity get past the driveway or the backyard? Simple: The Young Scientist Challenge. Backed by Discovery Education and 3M, this annual video competition can help your child meet science fans his or her own age, build an impressive college résumé and even inspire a career in science. Read more
Posted on February 25, 2014 by DE Admin
BRING SCIENCE ALIVE | Love bringing curriculum to life? So do we. That’s why you’ll find tons of resources here to help you fine-tune science lesson plans for grades 5–8. Also, for the ultimate in critical thinking, creativity and excitement, check out how your class can enter a video competition focused on science for middle school, the Young Scientist Challenge.
Head over to our just-for-teachers section to find: Read more
Posted on February 12, 2014 by DE Admin
CHECK OUT THE TOP 10 | These are our favorite reasons to enter the Young Scientist Challenge, but there are plenty more. Read on and be inspired.
10. The grand prize is $25,000 and an unforgettable once-in-a-lifetime trip!
9. Finalists get to work one-on-one with renowned 3M scientists.
8. Friendship! Lots of competitors and finalists share a passion for science activities.
7. Learning goes way beyond classroom walls and into the real world of innovating.
6. Competitors’ ideas and innovations can make a real difference in the world! Read more
Posted on January 31, 2014 by DE Admin
Last October, Julian Barnes, Science Coordinator for the Roanoke County Public Schools, traveled to St. Paul, MN to watch as 10 national finalists shared their innovative ideas to change the world. Hear what he had to say about his experience: Read more