By signing this Consent Form, you agree to the following terms and conditions:
(1) You, as parent or legal guardian of _______________, have read and understand this Consent Form and hereby permit your child to participate in the Contest. Further, you and your child agree to be bound by the Official Rules of the Contest and the terms of this Consent Form. In the event of any conflict between the Official Rules of the Contest and the terms of this Consent Form, the Official Rules of the Contest shall prevail.
(3) You understand that, in order for your child to participate in this Contest, he or she must submit a video that addresses the challenge outlined in the contest entry information ("Video"). Further, as part of the entry process, your child may submit a photograph of him/herself (“Photo”). The Video and Photo (together, the “Materials”) may include your child's likeness, image, voice, persona or other identifiable features. You grant Discovery the right to reproduce, modify, translate, or adapt the Materials. You and your child understand and agree that Discovery may edit for brevity or truncate your child's Video and that you will not have approval over the editing process and will have no input or control over any such edits.
(4) You and your child further grant to Discovery the permission to publish and display your child's Materials, or excerpts or portions of his or her Materials, on its external web site, so that they may be viewed by the public in correlation with this Contest.
(5) You understand that you and your child are granting Discovery all rights of ownership, reproduction and use of the entry and Materials and the content therein for any purpose whatsoever without compensation or further permission, including but not limited to an irrevocable and perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide right, in all media (now known or later developed) to assign, use, publish, perform, edit, adapt, modify, alter, reproduce, distribute, broadcast, display, copyright, create derivative works or otherwise exploit entries, for commercial or non-commercial use. You and your child understand and agree that neither you nor your child will have any right of approval, claim to any compensation, or claim arising out of the use, alteration, distortion or illusionary effect or use in any composite form of your child's Materials and of the content therein. You and your child understand and agree to waive any moral rights of authors or any similar rights.
(6) You understand that you are agreeing that you and your child will participate in all press and on-air opportunities (including all advertising, publicity, live and taped television appearances, press and promotional events scheduled by Discovery in connection with the Contest), should they be selected as a winner. You also agree to sign an appearance release, should your child be selected as a winner.
(7) If your child is selected as a finalist, you understand that your child will participate in a Summer Mentorship Program where he/she will: [a] be assigned to a 3M scientist who will act as his/her mentor for purposes of the program; [b] receive a summer assignment to develop an invention or innovation (an “Innovation”), to be completed under the mentorship of their designated mentor; [c] connect virtually with his/her mentor and work through pre-assigned objectives with the resources and support of Discovery; [d] through the program, create a prototype and/or detailed presentation of his/her Innovation over the summer to be presented for judging at the competition finals; and [e] be asked to travel to the final competition event (while accompanied by one parent or legal guardian) during October 2016 on dates to be determined by Discovery. During the competition finals, finalists will present their Innovations and may win one of the following awards: Grand Prize - $25,000 cash or a Finalist Prize of $1,000 cash.
(8) You hereby release and discharge Discovery, 3M, their officers and directors, employees, agents, affiliates, parents, subsidiaries, advertising agencies, and promotional suppliers ("Released Parties"), from any claims, actions or demands arising out of the Contest including but not limited to the Released Parties' use of the Materials, Personal Data or from your child’s receipt of any prize. You further agree that no action will be taken by or on behalf of you or your child with respect to the rights described herein, it being understood that this release shall be binding upon you/your child and the Released Parties.