Posted on June 26, 2013 by Discovery Education
Congratulations 2013 Finalists and State Merit Winners!
The wait is finally over! The 2013 Discovery Education 3M Young Scientist Challenge is excited to announce the 2013 finalists and state merit winners!
This year’s outstanding group of finalists includes:
- Aishani Sil: 7th grade, Plano, Texas
- Brooke Martin: 8th grade, Spokane, Washington
- Daniel Culver: 8th grade, Montrose, Colorado
- Edward Kim: 8th grade, Waco, Texas
- Katie Hudek: 8th grade, Grafton, Massachusetts
- Maureen Botros: 7th grade, Wichita, Kansas
- Peyton Robertson: 5th grade, Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- Srjay Kasturi: 7th grade, Reston, Virginia
- Timmy DeMember: 6th grade, Monrovia, Maryland
- Anish Chaluvadi: 8th grade, Simpsonville, South Carolina
Learn more about these amazing students and watch their inspiring video entries here.
A special congratulations to the 34 State Merit Winners, who received high marks for creativity and persuasiveness during the challenge. Visit YoungScientistChallenge.com to see who won from your home state!
Join the 10 finalists on their journey to the Final Event in October! Students will work alongside a 3M scientist during a unique mentorship all summer long. Starting in July, you can follow their experience right here on the Discovery Education 3M Young Scientist Challenge Blog!
Get challenge updates in your inbox! Sign up now